- 1 NATURAL METHODS TO STRENGTHEN HAIR ROOTS
- 2 Natural Solutions for the Hair Follicles
- 3 The Nutrients That Could Be Consume To Strengthen the Hair Follicles
- 4 What Is Hair Follicle?
NATURAL METHODS TO STRENGTHEN HAIR ROOTS
Although hair loss is mostly caused by the hereditary features, not maintaining the hair, irregular and unhealthy eating habits, consuming cigarettes and alcohol, some hormonal changes and the usage of some medicines accelerate hair loss.
Except this, air pollution and frequently using hair styling machines cause breakage of hair ends and shedding to increase and may show hair dull.
Salt consumption more than necessary, the products containing heavy chemicals are other reasons of making the hair follicles weaken and causing excessive hair loss. By maintaining your hair and regulating your eating habits, you could restrain other factors causing hair loss except for the hereditary features.
Healthy nourishment is the most effective method to strengthen the hair follicles. Nutrients such as dark gren leafy vegetables, essential fatty acids, shelled nuts, soy, yoghurt, broccoli, carrot, seasonably fruits and egg have a positive effect on hair follicles.
If you could not make time for your meals and get the necessary vitamins, you can meet the deficit by multivitamin supplements.
Iron, zinc and B, E, A vitamins are important in terms of hair’s healthy growth and natural shine by strengthening the hair follicles.
More shampoo use harms the hair as it causes hair to dry. Therefore when you should use shampoo, dilute it.
In addition, dust, smoke and air pollution can clog the hair follicles and slow down the growth rate of the hair. This is why it is important to maintain hair.
Natural Solutions for the Hair Follicles
Irregular and unhealthy nutrition, alcohol and smoking, hormonal changes and drug use could trigger hair loss. You can strengthen the roots of hair by applying practical natural care to the hair, nourish the hair, revitalize the hair strands and prevent or delay other factors that cause hair loss except for the genetic properties.
Here are some of them;
Some of the Ayurvedic methods can give your hair a natural form. Some medicinal herbs used in Ayurvedic medicine prevent accumulating excess oil with the scalp massage and washing hair follicles. Herbal infusions prepared with stinging nettle, rosemary or horsetail leaves provide normal maintenance of hair oils. For infusion, the scalp should be massaged in a circular motion with fingertips.
Apple Cider Vinegar:
Apple cider vinegar stimulates hair follicles, cleans clogged pores and prevents dandruff. Accoeding to researches, one of the most important factors causing dandruff formation, scalp rashes and hair loss is hair clogging bacteria. Rinsing the hair with the apple cider vinegar kills bacteria, cleanses the scalp and gives shine to the strands. Apple cider vinegar applied hair should be waited for a while wrapped with a towel then washed with a herbal shampoo.
Tea tree oil:
Tea tree oil having benefits for hair and scalp, revitalizes hair follicles, destroys fungi and bacteria on the scalp, and promotes healthy hair growth. It is advised to people with scalp problems to consult a specialist before use.
Cure strengthening roots:
Cure a mixture of mint and coconut oils can be an ideal option for hair roots. Add 6 drops of peppermint oil to a quarter cup of coconut oil. Soak in a small glass jar for a while. Apply the whole cure to your scalp. Gently massage for 5 minutes in a circular way. After waiting for nearly 1 hour, wash it with a natural shampoo. This cure strengthening the hair follicles revitalizes the hair strands.
Cure repairing roots:
For this cure repairing the roots by strengthening hair and cleansing dandruff, 2 tablespoons calendula oil, 2 tablespoons chamomile oil, 1 tablespoon lavender oil and half a tablespoon of thyme oil is used. Add 1.5 liters of boiling water while mixing these oils. Then cover and infuse for 20 minutes. Wash your hair with this warm mixture. This cure suitable for light hair is ideal for hair follicles.
Natural Form Cure:
Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon jojoba oil in a small bowl, then mix. Apply softly to the scalp. Wrap your hair with a dry and heated towel, leave for 20 minutes. Then wash your hair with a natural shampoo. Apply this treatment once a month to keep the hair follicles strong and maintain their natural form.
Prepared using aloevera and lavender, the cure, treats the inflamed areas with killing bacteria in the scalp. Mix 7 drops of lavender oil and some pure aloevera gel for the cure. Apply the cure to the entire scalp with a soft massage.
Herbal revitalizing shampoos produced by some brands strengthen hair follicles, prevent hair loss, and remove dirty waste and oil. You can choose these shampoos according to your hair type, which prevents oil accumulation in the hair follicles.
The Nutrients That Could Be Consume To Strengthen the Hair Follicles
The nutrients also considerably matter for the hair follicles. Well then, which nutrients are good for the hair follicles? Which vitamins and minerals should be consumed?
- First of all, you should add the meals which are rich in iron, zinc, and vitamin B, E and A! Fatty acids of some foods provide an ideal natural care for hair.
- Proper nutrition practices for hair reinforce hair follicles, ensure healthy hair growth and restore natural shine.
- Diets that are rich in proteins in terms of iron could strengthen hair.
- Keratin, a protein that improves hair tissue and promotes hair growth, is one of the ingredients that nourish hair follicles.
- Vitamin C supports the hair follicles and keeps the blood vessels in the scalp healthy. It also helps the absorption of iron.
- Essential vitamin B strengthens hair roots and tissue. This substance is found in carrots, eggs, salmon and sardines.
- The silica substance found in foods such as oats, rice, cucumbers and sunflower seeds supports hair follicles
- Collagen, one of the abundant proteins in meats, enhances natural hair growth by strengthening hair follicles. Foods such as bone broth, connective tissues of meats contain high levels of collagen.
- Calcium found in dairy products, fish and leafy greens promotes hair growth.
- Water is one of the indispensable substances for hair. Water that provides enough moisture helps to strengthen weak hair follicles. Drink water all day long!
Those Nutrients Can Be Consumed for the Hair Follicles
- Dark green leafy vegetables,
- Shelled nuts,
- Seasonal fruits,
- Lean meat,
- Low-fat cheeses,
- Cabbage seeds,
- Sweet potatoes,
- Red pepper,
Some Other Applications to Strengthen Hair Roots
- Healthy Nutrition: One of the most important ways to strengthen the hair follicles is a healthy and balanced diet. Nutrients containing substances useful for hair health nourish and strengthen the hair follicles.
- Vitamin and Mineral Supplements: By changing your nutritional habits, turning to foods that are good for your hair will be the most sensible measure to strengthen the hair follicles. For this, nutrients containing vitamins and minerals required for hair need to be consumed.
- Vitamin Supplements: If you do not have the opportunity to pay attention to the meals and choose nutrients in your daily pace, this deficit can be meet with vitamin and mineral supplements recommended by experts for hair follicles.
- Shampoo Dilution: The dense form of shampoos may damage hair. Intense shampoos that dry the hair may also weaken the roots. Therefore, intensive shampoos should be diluted before use.
- Cleaning: Washing your hair daily is one of the effective solutions. Generally exhaust gases, dusts, fumes and air pollution clog the hair and slow down the growth rate of the stands or cause them to fall out; washing the scalp daily minimizes the negative effects of these factors.
- Shower: To reduce the production of sebum which lubricates the hair, it is necessary to shower or wash the hair every morning. According to the researches, people who shower every morning have less sebum in their hair follicles.
- Massage: Hair follicles strengthening process can be achieved by softening the scalp, opening the scalp pores and increasing blood circulation in the scalp. For this purpose, it is useful to wash the hair or apply a soft massage for 3 to 5 minutes with fingertips during the day.
- Mask: Natural care masks for hair also have a strengthening effect on hair follicles unless they contain chemicals.
Warnings for Hair Roots
Hair loss due to the genetic and iron deficiency is linked to the hair follicle. Hair follicles die if the necessary care or precautions are not taken for the people who experience hair loss. Well then, what precautions could be taken?
- Using electronic devices such as hair dryers for hair care, chemical products and air pollution are factors that negatively affect hair strands and roots.
- These factors come together to increase the distant hair, hair strands disappear and this causes hair loss.
- Excessive salt consumption, the products containing heavy chemicals such as hair dye weakens the hair follicles and increase hair loss.
- DHT hormone, a byproduct of the male hormone, damages the hair follicles. Treatment of this hormone inhibition prevents hair follicles from dying.
- Hair follicles are responsible for the production of natural oils in the scalp. Excess oil may be produced when the hair follicles become clogged or dirty.
- The glands in the roots can become clogged with bacteria, oil and dirt. Unless it is cleaned periodically, the pores in the roots become clogged and accelerate the process leading to hair loss.
- Hair design can cause some problems reaching the hair follicles. When the ends of the hair begin to curl and break, cutting can prevent root damage.
- An unhealthy diet or low calorie intake weakens the hair follicles; may cause hair loss.
- Essential oils such as olive oil and coconut oil can be used to prevent damage caused by heat treatments and devices applied to the hair.
- Horn or wooden combs should be used instead of plastic combs or hairbrushes. Plastic combs damage the hair follicles and cause inflammation.
- Hair dye causes hair follicles to swell. Try not to dye hair as much as possible. If you need to dye, use natural dyes. You could also choose hair dyes from the colors close to the natural color of the hair.
What Is Hair Follicle?
The hair follicle is the most basic structure in the scalp where the hair strands grow. In other words, they are vesicles under the skin where the hair grows. This porous structure lubricates and revitalizes hair strands and skin by producing oil. There are muscles outside of the porous structure. In the pores, the cells come together and adhere to the sebaceous gland and muscle fibers that help the hair to grow through the skin.
- The hair follicle is surrounded by inner and outer sheaths.
- There are glands around the hair follicle. The glands secrete a substance called sebum lubricating the hair.
- The upper skin starts at the end of the outer root sheath.
- The pit in the epidermis is called hair shaft. It is the most extreme part of the hair follicle in the skin.
- Cylindrical, thin and long hair fibers are produced on the hair shaft consisting of living cells which are divided continuously.
- The melanin and melanocytes that give hair color are found in the hair shaft.
- The bottom of the hair shaft is called “dermal papilla”.
- Dermal papilla, which contains a ball of vein, is a unit that nourishes and grows hair.
Brief Information about Hair and Hair Follicles
- The fastest and over-growing hair clusters in the human body are hair.
- Hair grows on average from 0.3 to 0.4 millimeters per day.
- A healthy and normally fed person has an average of 150 to 200 thousand strands.
- In a healthy person, 50 to 100 strands are shed daily. These strands are replaced with new ones.
- People who have 100 to 200 strands of hair per day and whose hair is not renewed face baldness.
- 95 percent of the causes of hair loss are genetic.
- Genetic hair loss that is common in men is called androgenetic.
- The male hormone DHT lies at the basis of hair loss in men. DHT occurs when hydrogen is added to the hormone testosterone.
- Anemia or the lack of the iron is the most important factor causing hair loss in women by causing hair follicles to die.
- 10 to 15 percent of the hair in the head stays in the so called telogen – resting phase for 2 to 4 months. Hair root problems prolong the duration of this phase, thinning hair strands and making them stunted.